.post-body img{max-width:250px;height:auto;clear:both}

Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Favourite Things

 1. Winter days wasted away in bed in cozy knitted socks. A simple pleasure, but I love giant knitted socks, preferably knee high. They are cozy, wintery and cute. These are from Free People and are huge! They also aren't itchy which is a major plus for me! These socks also make for good welly socks, keeping your toes warm!

 2. Weekend sewing. So, made this super ugly hat today. I will have a DIY tutorial up soon hopefully. Even my sister likes this hat, which is a big complement so I am pretty excited. She is my biggest critic.

3. My favourite thing of the week? My Christmas tree.  He is quite a beauty, and he makes the house smell lovely. I love putting up the Christmas decorations (hate taking them down though), I am so controlling when it comes to decorating the tree so I am mostly left to do it by myself. People just do it wrong! I also thought I would extend this by going through my three favourite Christmas decorations of the year.


Gingerbread-men bauble from Liberty's of London. I bought this for my mum, I buy her a new Christmas decoration each year and fell in love with this glittered creation. I added a bow from Liberty ribbon at the top too. If I was up to me every Christmas decoration would have a bow at the top, bit naff and over the top but I don't care!!

 Monsieur Pig. He was hand made from a craft fair. Isn't he a cutie?! We bought this for my dad, don't think too much into it. He just likes pigs.

Mr Narwhal, was from Anthropologie, my sister got him last year and he is so sweet, if not a bit weighty so you need a sturdy branch for him to feature on. Kinda loving this walrus from this years selection!

Has everyone got their Christmas tree up yet? Where have you seen the best decorations this year?

With love from,

Emma x

23 comments:

  1. Narwhal christmas tree decorations?! Life now feels complete ;) -xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, this made me smile. I also have a knitted narwhal stuffed toy. I will have to show you that. They are just so dopey looking!!

      Emma x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post! Loe your blog! Your newest follower on Bloglovin'! :)

    http://www.thegaragestarlets.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am so glad you like my blog and wanted to follow, I will try to not disappoint!!

      Emma x

      Delete
  3. Love the socks!

    http://five-dimes-for-9-lives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every girls needs knee highs. I am in two minds on if they are cute and girly or slutty and like lace hold ups. Both are good I guess!

      Emma x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Karolina! I am glad someone likes the hat!! xx

      Delete
  5. Aw these are such cute photos! I wish I could rug up for Christmas...for so long I have wanted a cold Christmas! I adore your hat, and oh your tree is stunning! I would love it if our family used a real tree too.

    The liberty decoration is simply gorgeous! My tree mostly has handmade folk art decorations painted by my mum and old, treasured bits and pieces hehe

    xx Carina

    P.S thank you for stopping by my blog! I adore yours
    windsweptwishesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real trees are amazing, but I guess kind of pointless because they are a waste, but I LOVE them. Our family has never had a fake tree so they £40 or whatever for it makes Christmas for me!

      I love the sound of your tree! Can you take a picture when it is up? I'd love to see it. We have hand made stuff too but it is from when I was a kid and art wasn't my forte at 5..!

      Thanks for being so sweet!

      Emma x

      Delete
  6. Really love that DIY beanie, like it's really cool and I want it haha.
    Your blog is great too, going back to check out past posts now!
    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin'??

    Kendra
    xx

    www.stoleninspiration.com

    Ohhh by the way we have a great giveaway on at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's sort of weird. Looks like it has giant Alice in Wonderland raindrops on it! I am glad you like it though!
      I hope you enjoyed blasting through the past! Thanks for taking such an interest, you are a babe!!

      Emma x

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Angela, he is a monster. So big, and a bit wonky but who wants a perfect tree!!

      Emma x

      Delete
  8. Ah such lovely things!! I LOVE your Christmas tree <3
    You have such a wonderful blog and style! Following you now!:) Thank you for your very sweet comment on my blog!
    Hope you have an amazing day Emma! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I am sure he loves you too :)
      This whole comment was so sweet and made me smile, thanks for being so nice. I am glad you like it!!
      Speak soon!

      Emma x

      Delete
  9. Beautiful pictures, your Christmas tree is amazing! :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi! I am glad you like the pictures and our foliage!

      Emma x

      Delete
  10. Omg! we have almost the same blog post! I took pictures of my ornaments too haha
    love the new socks they look so cozy, will have to get some because it's getting so chilly out recently

    www.buttonsnbows101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, twinnies!! Christmas decorations are the best though!! I know, I honestly spend most of my time wrapped up in a blanket. Need to get my winter weight on!

      Emma x

      Delete
  11. I am EXACTLY the same with decorating the tree haha, I must have complete control! ;) yours looks lovely! xo

    http://www.jenventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad to know other people are so controlling about tree decorating!!

      Emma x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...