.post-body img{max-width:250px;height:auto;clear:both}

Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Favourite Things



1. Wearing boots with trousers. I bought these boots on a bit of a whim in the Topshop sale last December because they went down to something crazy like £25 from £150. Seemed like a good deal. But I really struggle with what to wear lace up boots with. I had some in school and wore them on a "dress as you please" day and a classmate called them prostitute boots. Obviously heart-breaking and I never wore them again. Ever since then it has been a quest to wear them without looking like a baby prostitute. I have now settled on wearing them with trousers, I have only... this pair of trousers so outfits are a bit limited. I am going to experiment with long skirts as well. Jane from Sea of Shoes rocks the knee high boots without looking trampy, plus she has great hair.


2. The V&A London. Me and my other half visited London for a spot of Christmas shopping this weekend. I think every time I have gone to London I have managed to get to the V&A. Their exhibitions are always perfectly presented and their fashion section is something I remember from every visit. This picture is of the central court-yard and it is beautiful during the day but it transforms at night. It is spookily quiet, normally this court yard is full of unleashed children pulling down their trousers and sitting in the water, to much resistant screeching and sighing from the parents. I highly recommend the V&A to any London visitor, also go to the Natural History next door to check out the dinosaurs and awkward taxidermy!


3. Butterbeer. So, speaking of London, a major factor of our influence was the Harry Potter Tour at the Warner Bros. Studio in London. Having read every Harry Potter book, even buying the 6th one in a creepy town in America the day it came out because I couldn't wait until I got back from holiday to read it. Made me pretty antisocial for the rest of the holiday, mind.. Harry Potter is my childhood and my bestie is an even bigger fan than me. So we found ourselves in a rather unknown part of London faced with our childhood dreams of Diagon alley, the Gryffindor common room and Potions Classroom. There was also Butterbeer, which was quite delightful and made a better post-drink moustache than Guinness. If anyone wants to see more pictures then I can do a post, I swear you will feel like you were there with me. Has anyone been here or the deluxe Florida version?

With love from,

Emma x

12 comments:

  1. Lovely photographs, I would looooove to do the Harry Potter tour (I'm a big potter geek) that butterbeer is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! It is actually pretty tasty too! Kinda like caramel, the foam was the best bit though! It was a fun day out. Also, my eyes were widened by the extent of Harry-Potter-Love some people had. There was an adult girl dressed as Dumbledore, complete with wig. Mind was blown. xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for you comment
    your blog is so nice! :)

    www.hardheartbeating.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming to have a look, your blog is lovely too!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous pictures, I love Harry Potter :) hoping to visit the studios at some point too

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! But if you are going by train from London get the direct!! We didn't and spent a lot of time stressing as the journey took 50 minutes and then some! This is my best tip!

      xx

      Delete
  4. The butter beer looks amazing. I remember always being anti-social whenever the new Harry Potter books came out, I'd take one everywhere with me till I finished it. Great pictures x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good. It was like something Heston Blumenthal would have made! Ha, I am so glad other kids were like that! At least we were reading Harry Potter and not setting off Fireworks in bins like the other kids! xx

      Delete
  5. that butter beer looks delicious! so foamy!!! ^^ hope will get to see more of your lace-up boots!

    xoxo
    mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was yummy! I spent the rest of the day craving it. I will have to do that for you!
      xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...