.post-body img{max-width:250px;height:auto;clear:both}

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Girl Sailor







 (Striped top: Topshop, Suede cut out skirt: Vintage, Belt: Miu Miu, Purse: Vintage, Sunglasses: Raybans)

This has skirt has to be one of my top vintage finds, I got it off Etsy a couple of years ago. It is made from a raw, unfinished suede and has cutesy cut-outs. It would be perfectly placed it a Chloe collection. Important information when buying vintage leather is the smell scale. This skirt does not smell bad, I'd give it a good 4 out of 10 on the smell scale. Only downside is it is a little ill-fitting. It fits okay on the hips but dragging it up to the waist causes issues, not exclusive to the cut-outs being nearer to the butt area.

Also, Topshop, I kinda wish this top wasn't so cropped, sort of a weird height to stop it, but okay, I can deal. Aloha pale, cold midriff.

Does anyone else have a prized vintage find? I wish my mother had kept more of her clothes from her youth, but she is less of a clothes hoarder than me. Oh, actually maybe I am thankful, means I didn't inherit a black cloak that she had and actually named Doris... food for thought.

With love from,

Emma x

8 comments:

  1. I love the location of this post! it's perfect for your outfit! :)
    xxx

    http://wonderfashionista.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to know that some other girls are guilty of matching their outfits to the places they visit! Makes me feel a lot better!!

      Emma x

      Delete
  2. I love the outfit. I actually found a really old jacket in our coat closet that belonged to my mom in like the 80's. It's orange and has like people from a little tribal village on it. It's literally my favorite jacket!

    http://five-dimes-for-9-lives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That jacket sounds amazing! Do you have any pictures of it on your blog?

      Emma x

      Delete
  3. woow nice outfit i like so much the skirt! you have a nice style!
    have a nice day!, I post about a fashion catwalk , hope you can see it! :D
    http://thehiddenroots.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am so happy you like it! I will have to have a look!

      Emma x

      Delete
  4. I just found your blog and I love it! You have a great style :)
    I'm in love with that skirt,it's beautiful!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stefani, this is such a sweet comment! Thank you!
      Thanks for finding me!

      Emma x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...