.post-body img{max-width:250px;height:auto;clear:both}

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Valley of the dolls



(Dress: Miu Miu, Underskirt: Topshop, Belt: Mama's/ Vintage, Shoes: Forever 21 and socks: Topshop) #teenvogue

Oh Miu Miu, if only money was no object then you would dominate my wardrobe. This dress is from a very old collection but I loved it so searched good old ebay for years which finally came up trumps. Yay, but it's ebay, there is always a draw back and this was that this dress is a smidge on the roomy side. Then comes the problem of finding a belt to remedy this was actually quite difficult, stripes can sometimes be really hard to work with, introducing more colours wouldn't work, nor would not having an exact colour match work, I also knew I wanted a wide one. Then my mum left this lovely belt, from her youth, in my room claiming "she didn't need a beaded evening belt to go to Tesco". Problem solved, she solves all life problems: boys to clothes.

I guess I should also explain the wrinkled dress, we went out on the quad bike to take these up a hill in the Scottish outback. Therefore, my Miu Miu baby was in a rucksack for  a little longer than I would have liked. The picture of my quad biking outfit complete with motorbike helmet will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.

Oh, also happy August! I should also tell you that I am off on holiday on Monday, but I will schedule some posts. However, if you want a constant stream of my holiday pictures follow me on instagram: Highland_Fling

With love from,

Emma xx

24 comments:

  1. Oooh that's a lovely dress! Your shoes look rather Miu Miu-ish as well actually.
    And I also have a belt from my mum that's perfect!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I know, I bought them because I thought they looked like the Miu Miu ones!! Well observed) Ah, mum's: best cooks and also provide good belts!!

      Em x

      Delete
  2. This outfit is perfection!! I love the dress and the shoes are adorable! Your hair looks great too! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, god. No my hair was such a mess, lots of pictures got discounted due to terrible hair!!

      E x

      Delete
  3. That is such a stylish dress! I love the stripes :)
    -Tori
    Fashion, Trends & More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful photos. You look like an absolute doll in this striped dress!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'aw, I'll take this as a compliment, I know some people find dolls creepy...

      Em x

      Delete
  5. I love the skirt, you look so pretty! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to have a rummage through your shoe collection, they're all so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shoes are gorgeous! Love this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such beautiful photos - what an amazing location! Love the socks xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia!! It was in the middle of no-where, it was so inaccessible we got a bit freaked out!!

      E x

      Delete
  9. oh, you look adorable and everything about your outfit is perfectly pretty:-) the dress with that belt and the shoes with those socks! also, i'm loving your song choice, can't go wrong with marina! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Marina is the best. Although very embarrassing in concert...
      I'm so happy that you enjoyed this post!

      E x

      Delete
  10. Love your pretty striped dress, enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shoes are adorable and awesome. Wrinkled or otherwise that dress is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I know but an Iron might have helped it out a bit. Where is iron man when you need him?

      Em x

      Delete
  12. Your dress and shoes are adorable! Have fun on holiday! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. God bless your mother. Really love the belt. Really love the heels-socks combination.

    Ammie x

    www.ammieandsharrie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! She's a saint. She wouldn't approve of the sock/ shoe combo though...

      Em x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...