.post-body img{max-width:250px;height:auto;clear:both}

Friday, January 4, 2013

The gold plated legs of my rival


 (Tartan snood: ASOS, Tweed jacket: Zara, Stripe tee: Forever21, Gold skirt: Topshop, Animal badge: Etsy, Wellies: Hunter)

Happy New Years and Merry Christmas... sorry I was so absent over the festive period. I was employed as the in-house chef, I cooked Christmas dinner and New year nibbles so I spent a lot of time in the kitchen or with my sister/ cats. Interchangeable. But now I am back at University writing my dissertation so there aren't any more distractions...

This was what I wore for a walk. Yup. You'd think it was impractical, a short gold silk skirt, thinnish jacket and a scarf thrown on for good measure, but let me tell you, my walking companions were asking me for help over rocks and through water. So who cares that everyone else had walking boots and waterproofs, my outfit was the best for the conditions and for that I am proud. We went for our walk in the highlands, in an area which is particularly glaciated. I loved geography and rambled on about kettle holes and moraine for a bit too long. My former geography teacher would be proud, no eskers or drumlins though.

This badge... pretty great right?! There are animals all over the world. It was a bargain from Etsy and I am pretty sure it was £3 or something. To be honest I was surprised when it arrived and turned out to be so nice. Not really a broach kinda gal, they can be a bit naff unless you are Prof. Umbridge and you can rock the kitty broach. But hey, I like this one, maybe I am a convert!!

I hope you all had a lovely festive season! What did y'all get up to?

With love from,

Emma x

40 comments:

  1. great skirt honey, i really love it!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tere! When I bought it I thought that it wouldn't go with anything but it literally goes with everything! Gold skirts are the way forward my love!

      Emma x

      Delete
  2. You look pretty!
    Nice photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really beautiful, the photography is sublime. If you don't mind by my asking what kind of camera do you use?
    http://bekanicolee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beka... I honestly don't know... It's a nikon, and it's black???? It is a pretty old SLR. I can try and find out if you'd like, it must say on it somewhere right? I edit my photos so that might be it, all in an attempt to make my hair look less frizzy!! (Worst answer ever... sorry!)

      xx

      Delete
  4. beautiful pictures!!
    And love your scarf...

    xx jacky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I like it too, except when it moults on my cream coat... wahh!

      Emma x

      Delete
  5. Lovely outfit! (: I love your hair!

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa! I hate my hair, wanna swap?

      Emma x

      Delete
  6. awesome blazer! Thank you for comment

    xoxo, www.adelajdainsp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey! No problem, your blog is lovely!

      Emma x

      Delete
  7. That's such a lovely outfit! I've never really tried brooches either, but that one is so amazing, it brings the whole outfit to life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Charlotte, shall we start a "new-brooches-convert club"? We might have to think of a more catchy name mind...!

      Emma x

      Delete
  8. Beautiful blazer and scarf! I stayed at home drinking champagne with my husband, was not in such a mood to go out.. I guess I am getting old :) x


    Fashion Landscape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Laura! Your New Years sounded lovely! I hope you have a wonderful 2013! Me and my friends just made up french martinis and took them to see the fireworks!

      Emma x

      Delete
  9. I love your skirt.
    And the brooch looks amazing. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. im pretty sure id wear a short gold skirt for a walk too, so no judging here! haha you look so pretty, and i love how your photos look old and dreamy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are my new best friend. I need more friends to join me in inappropriately dressing for conditions. Thank you for being so nice about this post!!

      Emma x

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for the comment! Would you like to follow each other? Also you can enter my giveaway! Only few hours left!
    xx
    Out Of The Box

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the outfit! and the photographs have such a great ethereal feel to them, stunning! :)

    xx
    www.chasingthmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so nice toots! I am so glad you like them!

      Emma x

      Delete
  13. The scenery is awesome, and I love your outfit. Looking amazing when you take a walk isn't always impractical :). Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, Scotland is very pretty, I always take it for granted though! Happy New Year to you too honey! I hope you have a wonderful year!

      Emma x

      Delete
  14. Beautiful mountain scenery! Really fits your outfit, You look great, love your outfit! :D
    I'm following you now. :D If you want, you can find me on: http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com
    Lots of love! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw toots! You are too nice! Thank you for being so lovely. I will not let you down!

      Emma x

      Delete
  15. Hello!
    Thanks for the lovely comment in my blog!
    To answer your question I am wearing Rimmel by Kate #09 on my lips!

    I am loving your blog and you are so pretty!
    I'm following, hope yo see you around ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for getting back to me! I will have to check it out next time I go shopping, it looked so nice on you!

      Thank you for being so sweet!

      Emma x

      Delete
  16. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!
    Love the outfit and the photographs too.

    Would you like to follow each other??
    I follow you now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome Tatjana, thanks for being so nice about mine too!

      Emma x

      Delete
  17. Gorgeous outfit, I love love love your style. Pretty photos too- you're stunning (especially the hair!).
    Katie xx
    http://gravityandshe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this outfit! The neutral hues and pop of red make it wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...