.post-body img{max-width:250px;height:auto;clear:both}

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Peanut Butter cupcakes




Adapted from this recipe from Sally's baking addiction.

Chocolate cupcakes:
  • 4 ounces of unsalted butter
  • 5 ounces of light brown sugar
  • 4 ounces cup cocoa powder
  • splash of vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3.5 ounces plain flour
  • Some chunky peanut butter
Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Line muffin tin with paper cups.

Step 1: Cream the butter and the sugar together in a bowl then whisk with an electric whisk to make the mixture light.
Step 2: In one bowl mix the two eggs with the vanilla extract, in another sift the flour, coco, salt and baking powder.
Step 3: to the sugar and butter alternate between the wet and dry mixture until all the ingredients are incorporated.
Step 4: Fill the cupcake cases 3/4 full and cook for 10 minutes, check they are fully cooked by inserting a knife into the centre of the cupcakes, if it comes out clean remove from the oven. Leave the cakes in the tray for a few minutes until slightly cooler then turn out onto a cooling rack.
Step 5: once cooled use an apple corer to cut a chunk out of the center and put the excess in a bowl (after trying a little bit to make sure it isn't horrible). Then add chunky peanut butter in the hole. It is important for the cupcakes to be cool otherwise they will melt the butter in the peanut butter. 
Step 6:Break up the excess cupcake to crumbs.
Step 7: Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle over the cake crumb to finish. A nice added extra would be chocolate covered peanuts, add two to the top.

Peanut Butter Frosting:
  • 8 ounces of smooth peanut butter
  • 4.5 ounces confectioners sugar
  • 2.5 ounces of unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • some milk to add if frosting is too stiff
Step 1: mix together the peanut butter with the unsalted butter with a electric whisk.
Step 2: Add the sugar, fold in slowly by hand and once roughly incorporated whisk again with the electric whisk.
Step 3: Add some vanilla extract and if the frosting is stiff and isn't smooth when stirred add some milk gradually until smooth, just a splash at a time as you don't want make your frosting too wet.
Step 4: refrigerate if slightly on the wet side and pipe on cool cupcakes.

Tip- I advise not using reusable fabric piping bags as when used for icing it sometimes pushes the butter out of the bag which makes the bag really greasy and hard to control. Buy some disposable piping bags as the plastic prevents this and saves on the washing up.


If anyone makes them send me a photo! I'd love to see them! And if you have any questions just ask away!


With love from,

Emma x


32 comments:

  1. these look absolutely amazing!!! last night I baked cookies so I will wait a bit till baking again, surely wouldn't mind these next time!
    xoox
    Catita
    http://catindreamland.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum, I love cookies but mine are never very tasty, they always join and make one massive badly baked cookie...

      Em x

      Delete
  2. Ohh they look so yummy!Definetily want to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy! I am doing quite a bit of baking for Valentines the next few day but these will be on my "to bake" list lol. Thank you for your comment on my blog, yours is lovely. I am now following you :)

    Elle xx
    www.bakingfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, got a lucky man in your life who gets baked goods for Valentines! I have a "to bake" list too. So many different things I want to try!

      Thank you for the follow! I hope I keep you interested!

      E x

      Delete
  4. Uuupsss,I totally forgot to thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!
    I do love orchids,they are so beautiful.But also a little bit tricky.Since now I`v had luck and none of mine has died!:D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome honey! Ah, I am a major plant killer. I wish it wasn't true though...

      Em x

      Delete
  5. THEY LOOK AMAZING! Wow!
    Katie xx
    http://thegravityandshe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are having a fundraiser soon and I am signed up to do the baking, I may make these :)

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ! I just tagged you for the liebster award, check out my blog for details :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farah, I will check it out just now!

      Em x

      Delete
  8. mmmm these look yummy! I just found your blog and ...WOW you are so so stylish! totally original and you have beautiful hair :) I'm definitely a new subbie! be honoured if you popped by and followed back if you like my blog too :)

    Katie xxx

    katieclarkemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a lovely comment! Loves a nice comment about my hair, it has a mind of its own! Thanks for subscribing, I am checking you out now!

      Em x

      Delete
  9. Ooh, these look delicious! I love your blog, following xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey! I hope you like my future posts!

      E x

      Delete
  10. Ahhhh been looking for a recipe like this in forever. Reeses is so addictive so Im sure these cakes are too. Will definitely tag you if I get time to make these beauts. More recipe posts soon please :) Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Reeses!! So tasty! Mini peanut butter cups for decoration would look amazing! Yes, please do I'd love to see them!!

      Em x

      Delete
  11. MMM this looks amazing!!!

    xx
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look great and I love your photos too! xxx
    http://unstitchedd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got some unhygienic leaves kicking around... looks pretty though! Thanks!

      Em x

      Delete
  13. These look so tasty! I love peanut butter cupcakes mmm.

    Cute blog, i'm your newest follower!
    Abby x
    Be You and Be Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow Abby! I hope that you continue to like my posts!

      Em x

      Delete
  14. Mmmhh yummy, I need to try this recipe! I love cupcakes and I'm a sucker for anything with peanutbutter, so perfect treat for me :)
    I'm sitting here with a chau latte and could really use one of these cakes to go with it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm! Cupcakes and a hot drink are perfect together, I am cyber transferring one to you now!

      E x

      Delete
  15. Oh, these look perfect :) I wish I was this good at baking!!

    www.ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this looks delicious x
    www.melissadv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such an amazing recipe so happy I came across is love this cant wait to try for myself and love the peanut butter so yum ! xx

    http://krystelcouture.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope they work out well for you!! Let me see a picture if you make them!

      Em x

      Delete
  18. this recipe loos so delicious--will make for my daughters birthday next week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...